Friday, July 25, 2008

RECAP OF JULY

Emmy Eating a cookie

The diaper cake I made for Tori

Emmy stealing my drink


July Family Pictures



Matt's Fam

Emmy being so cute!




I cant believe that the month of July is almost over already. We have had such a busy month and I am ready for things to settle down. I started July off with throwing my shoe party. Sole Desires came to my house with a huge truck of shoes. The more shoes people bought the more free shoes I would receive. Being myself I took full advantage of this and invited a little more then I could handle. I sent out about 75 invitations thinking 40 people would show up. I WAS WRONG!!! I had well over 70 people at my house. My poor house was so packed you could hardly move around! The good news was that I got 8 pairs of new shoes that i love!!!

One of my best friends Lisa is getting married at the end of this month and had another shower with my old ward. It was so nice to see everyone and get some time to talk with Lisa. I miss the old days of blasting music in the car and not having a care in the world.

As most of you know Matt is the baby of 7 kids. His family of 39 were planning to come to Utah for a family Reunion. Matt's brother and his wife Sam were the first to arrive. When Matt and Mitch are together no one else exists! They don't think about anyone or anything other then themselves. So we went to the batting cages,golfing,mini golfing,swimming,rock climbing and anything else they wanted to do for a full week. By the time the week was over I was ready to stay in my house doing nothing for a year! I wish I could have but the next day the rest of Matt's family got in town. We spent the next few days going to his parents house having parties and watching movies in their movie theater. After that we headed up to good old Reid Ranch for a 3 day fun filled family Reunion. I am not much of a camper and my nerves were getting the best of me. Between the HORRIBLE food, staying in a cabin with 39 people, getting a 7:00 wake up call every morning and having Emmy only sleep a total of 4 hours a night i was a little grumpy and feel bad about the situation. I must admit that the trip did have a few high points. Horseback riding was fun and the snow cones they had there were amazing! When we got home I was so excited!!! It was so nice to sleep in my amazing bed with my amazing pillow!!! We had a few days of R&R and just hung out with the good old fam. My sister-in-law Eve came a few nights ago to visit us and we had a little girls night.

On the 23 we went to Bountiful for a bbq and fireworks but did not stay for all of it. We also went to see the new Batman movie. Today we are working on the yard and hanging out. I am grateful for my husband and look up to him in so many ways. I am excited to get back to my normal schedule and go on with my normal life!

CONGRATS to Tori and Ryan on the birth of their little girl!!! I cant wait to see her!!!
Congrats to Lisa who is getting married on July 30th!!!

9 comments:

natalie j. + richard a. said...

Wow it sounds like you guys have a had a fun and busy month!!! Your show party sounded like it was so fun, I was sad that I missed it!!! Your family pic is way cute too!! You guys are such a cute family!!

Eve said...

I love how your pictures turned out. Are you going to order any? We had fun visiting you guys. Hope things are slowing down. I'm thrown into crazy busy as usual. I signed Nathan up for Middle School today! Brian is in AZ for work.

Eve said...

Call me when you are going to order family pictures. Debbie emailed them to me. I just don't know prices, so want to know that before I order any! Thanks!

Sam said...

teisha that is such a cute family picture of you three! your little girl is adorable!!!

Lisa and Oliver said...

So what we get a blog from you once a month? I know you are busy so I'll let it slide for now... I'm excited to shop for my apartment on Thursday!

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

Sounds like your summer has been packed and crazy but fun! your daugther is so dang cute!

Ryan and Tori said...

Teish! That new family picture is so dang cute! I miss you guys! Hopefully we'll make it to Lindsey's wedding and see you there!

P.S. How much are your bows? I bought some bands at the Raspberry Day craft fair, but I want some bows that will clip in to them and I know you make them- how much are they, I might want to buy some. Just let me know! Thanks!

Angie and Dallas said...

Teisha!! Oh my word i cant beleive i found you on here! Please say you remember me??? Its Angie from Wells! Your baby girl is so cute!! How are you?

Angie and Dallas said...

I know.. I saw your mom's boyfriend not long ago at a slc gas station. And he remembered me. So you still talk to Preston? What else is new? We really do need to meet up for lunch sometime. Are you working?? House mommy??