Friday, May 7, 2010

Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life. Emmy had been peeing frequently for more then 3 days and I checked her blood sugar. It was suppose to be under 100 and was 155! She had already been to the doctor and her UTI test came back negative. My world came crashing down. The thought of my daughter having diabetes crushed me. The thought of my daughter having to give herself shots and monitoring things so closely and such a young age was too much for me to think about. Matt has diabetes so we know everything it entails.

The power of prayer and the temple are amazing. I have never prayed as much as I did yesterday. While Matt and I were in the temple we both had a calm feeling come over us. As stressed and sad as I was when I was at the temple I was calm. I somehow knew no matter what happened we would make it through it. Matt also gave Emmy a blessing. The spirit was so strong! There is nothing more amazing then hearing your husband give your child a blessing and it was such a great learning experience for Emmy. I am so grateful for my faith and love. I know that our Heavenly Father hears me and answers my prayers.

I am so grateful for my children. They have their days where I want to scream but they are so amazing. I cant get over what a strong person Emmy is! She is truly amazing. There is nothing like the love you have for your children. Every smile or kiss I get my heart melts. I am so grateful I am able to stay home with our family and witness them growing up everyday. I am also grateful for my husband. He never panics and is always there to try and calm me when I need it. We make a good team!

Life is full of surprises sometimes good and sometimes bad. We have had our share of bad surprises and am sure more will come but no matter what I have my family and my faith. I have TRULY learned how strong of a tool prayer and going to the temple can be. I am so grateful for my life, my husband, my children and my faith!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so happy for you guys! When you told me yesterday that you couldn't handle it if the tests came back positive, it was all I could do not to tell you that you totally could - because you had to. It is amazing what we can do for our kids just because we do not have any other choice. You are stronger than you think. I am relieved that you didn't have to figure it out that way, but you still are. Lots of love to you guys!!!

Randi said...

You have the sweetest family and you guys are so great! You're such a good example to me Teisha! I'm glad that Emmy is ok!

Ashlee said...

I totally agree with you! The temple helps so much. Glad everything is/ will be ok