Thursday, April 10, 2008

MY BABY HAS A BABY!


I am denying that my child is now a toddler! Emmy has learned so much lately. She knows what all the animals say, she can run, she can feed herself with spoon, she can say so many words i cant even count anymore but it has just hit me that my baby is not a baby anymore. She is now a toddler. I came to this conclusion last week when i was shopping with my sister-in-law. She has a 6 week old baby and Emmy kept pointing to her and saying "baby baby". After shopping we came home and she went into her play room and got a small baby doll that my mom got her months ago. She then came into the family room and said "My baby". Apart of me wanted to cry because i realized that she is not the tiny little baby that i thought she was anymore. I feel like she learns so fast! After reading her some books on babies and playing with her she now takes the baby with her everywhere. She will put it on her shoulder and say "sh sh sh". She will give her hugs and kisses and even put her baby "nigh nigh". So i guess it is official... MY BABY IS A TODDLER! I honestly can not believe how fast time has gone. I feel like I just had Emmy and now she is walikng, talking and learning more everyday. I love my Matt and Emmy so much and am so grateful that I have been so blessed!

3 comments:

Ryan and Tori said...

Oh my gosh! She is so BIG! I can't believe it. I seriously miss you guys. When are we going to get together again? I really am so glad you have a blog! Now, we just need to convince Lisa to get one :)

Karma said...

And I haven't even got to see her yet! My baby (#2) is hardly a baby anymore. I hope I get to see you this year. Emmy is adorable, BTW. And toddlerhood is wonderful most of the time. Isn't it wonderful and sad at the same time how fast they change?

the johansen's said...

Teish!! It's your old drivers ed friend. I found your blog while blog surfing, I hope you don't mind. Emmy is so cute! What are you up to these days besides being a Mom?