Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Place











My mom always told me that " your laundry room needs to be a happy place if you want your laundry to get done". I hate laundry for the life of me! I am a clean freak and dont mind doing any chores except laundry. About a month ago I walked into my bedroom and wanted to cry after seeing 5 loads of laundry sitting on the floor. That was when i went and got myself the grass fabric softener. I was so good at doing laundry and stayed on top of it for a total of a week.








Yesterday I went to hobby lobby just to get out of the house. As I was looking around I found the perfect sign. "Inquire within. Moms laundry. Help wanted" It was just what I needed. I called Matt said " honey the laundry room is getting a makeover, it does not count as money from my budget and your going to be happy even if you don't like it" He was fine with it. I bought a few little things and repainted my magnet board. I am fully confident that my laundry room is going to be my "happy place" and that I will be able to keep up on my laundry. The only thing left is to paint. We are going to attempt doing the laundry room, family room, den, master bedroom and bathroom this weekend. Wish us luck!








5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am totally the same way. I'll do anything , but I HATE laundry. If I am ever rich I decided sending my laundry out to be done is one thing totally worth my money :)

Ryan and Tori said...

Wow! That's got to be the cutest laundry room I've ever seen! Maybe some cute pictures on your magnet board will make it a little happier too. What a great idea though! Laundry is the worst job in the world!!! The sad thing is, I do 5 loads a week, because I'm kind of a freak about separating colors and Ryan thinks he has to wear like 2-3 outfits a day. Anyway, I might try and copy you by making my laundry room cute too :) how will I talk Ryan into that?

Eve said...

This is one of the happiest laundry rooms I have ever seen. Now I need you to come visit and make over mine!

Marc and Heather said...

Serisouly! CUTE! lol. Our laundry room is the only room in our house that isn't completely pinished for some reason and it makes it that much harder to do! We need give it a makeover also... AND we are ALSO going to be attempting to get some painting done in the next couple weeks. Hopefully it will all be finished before my Scentsy open house. You should be getting your invite in the mail soon! It's the 21st and 22nd...

Marc and Heather said...

Hey, I'm going to be changing my site to private, so I'll need your email address if you would still like to view our blog. Email me at heatherj@smootch.com