Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 Recap


















So many things have happened this year. It has been a hard year. I am hoping next year will be less eventful and more peaceful.

We started 2008 by celebrating Emmy's first birthday. I cant believe how fast she has grown. last year she was just starting to walk. Now she is saying numerous sentences and running, climbing and getting into everything. TERRIBLE 2's started at 18 months. She is such a joy in our lives. I can not imagine life without her. She makes me so happy and she has the sweetest personality. She is full of life and loves yelling "Hey be nice" when you do anything she doesn't want you to do. Matt and Emmy are the biggest parts of my life! Last night Emmy was dancing naked. Matt and I joined in (not naked). I realized how much I love them. I almost stared crying when i thought of the love i have for them. Their is nothing better in life then your family and hopefully our family will keep growing sometime this year.

Matt has had the hardest year. He found out he had Diabetes. He taking things one day at a time. He has to give himself shots at least 5 times a day. He is handling everything so well and instead of being upset with it he has taken the chance to make himself and all of us healthier. Matt also has changed jobs this year. He now works for Encover as their Controller. He is working 50-60 hour weeks right now and then comes home to spend time with us. We also went on a crusie to mexico for a week and had a blast!!!

I have learned so much this year. For starters I am a more patient person. I have learned to not be as judgmental. I have learned to love life for today and not for tomorrow. I took a job at Taipan for a couple months this year. It was fun and i learned so many things but i also realized that the best place for me to be is at home with Emmy. Matt and i are going on 6 months of trying to give Emmy another brother or sister. Hopefully the right time will be soon and we will hopefully have another baby around the house sometime in 2009. 2008 has been a year to remember and a year to forget all at the same time.

5 comments:

Mac & Jesi said...

Hey! You guys are such a cute family. Can we please get together soon? It has been way to long.

Zen Mama said...

What a beautiful recap of a difficult year! (I'm still working on my recap of the year ... I just keep hoping that before I write it I'll be able to say "Paul was laid off in October but has a new job now!")

I'm praying that next year is a very calm year for you (well, except for that newborn thing which is anything but calm!)

Marc and Heather said...

Hey sweety! It sounds like a really eventful year for you guys... I'm sure Heavenly Father is going to bless you guys with a baby some way or another. :) It took Marc and I six months of trying before this pregancny. Don't stress about it. He know what he's doing up there. Anyway, I would love to see you guys sometime soon. Give me a call anytime!

Ryan and Tori said...

Sounds like you and I had a little different outlooks on 2008. Maybe just 'cause Sara was born and you want to have a baby next year... Please let me know as soon as you conceive! J/K But really. I'm sad we didn't get to see each other before Christmas. I miss you already! Let's please get together soon. Love you so much!

Ashley said...

We miss you guys but are glad you are doing so well in Utah. Your family is just adorable. Good luck on the baby making!