Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gratitude


It is a Tuesday morning. My to do list is a mile long. I need to do 3 loads of laundry, iron Matt's shirts, clean the bathrooms, weed the yard, order vinyl lettering, go grocery shopping... but as I have been sitting here I have had a overwhelming sense of gratitude. Gratitude for my life, for my family and for my husband.


I am less then 99 days away from having another beautiful baby. My life is going to dramatically change once again in a great way. I feel like even though Matt and I have had some hard times we have had so many good. We have moved, had a beautiful daughter,bought our wonderful house, traveled... and the bad things we have had have made us grow stronger. I love that we agree on the major things in life. We always work together when parenting. He never says no when I ask him to help me with something and he always helps around the house. I don't know when he gets a break yet he never complains.


I am also overwhelmed with gratitude when I think of Emmy. She truly has brought a type joy in my life that I never knew I could have. She is so amazing. She is so loving and always is giving us kisses. She truly has such a sweet spirit! She says the most adorable things. I find myself just watching her thinking about how amazing she is all the time. We just enrolled her into pre-school. I can not believe she is going to be 3 in January. Where has the time gone?


I know that none of this would be possible with out our Heavenly Father. My testimony has grown so much since I have had a family. I am so grateful for the little things in life like family prayer, family dinners, walks to the park, playgroups, friends... Right now I am happy and content. Sometimes I forget and get wrapped up in things like finishing the basement, getting my house decorated... But at the end of the night when I am laying in my bed thinking of the day I don't go to sleep telling myself " when I have this I will be happy". I am happy and grateful for my life!

3 comments:

Eve said...

This was a great post Teish!

AMy said...

this was a really great post and i so needed to hear something like that. i think you are so amazing T. i really think you are such a rock and your family is very lucky to have you ;)

Robert and Michaelene Duree said...

Thanks Teisha for your Great example and reminding us all how wonderful our lives really are. We are Truly Blessed