Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Date Night

Family Date Night was a blast!
LOVE THEM!!!

Emmy thinks she is making a fish face with me here.

LOOK AT HER EAT!!!



Last night we decided to go to Chilis. We decided to bring Emmy along. It was "family date night". We had so much fun with the exception of a 45 min wait and a 2 year old. Emmy was so good and loved every minute of last night! She could not stop eating!!! I am not kidding when I say the kid eats more then me at 8 months pregnant :) The cake was her favorite and when it was all gone she asked our server for more. When we got home she had a finger painting bath and we ended the night with the movie "The Incredibles".

Lately I have been having mixed feelings... I am so excited to welcome a new baby to the home. Every day it seems more real to me as we get things ready. Today as we were setting up the swing and bouncy seat it hit me that we are going to be a family of 4. We wont be just our family of 3 anymore. I am sure it sounds strange but I am going to miss just the 3 of us! I have loved the past 2 years of being our little family. Emmy has given me a joy I never knew I could have. I am so worried about how she is going to take things when the baby comes. I hope that she will love him and understand that we still love her. I know things are going to be hard and am not oblivious to that! I am so excited to start this new chapter of our family's lives but sad to see the one we have end! I have loved being a mom of 1! Wish me luck for being a mommy of 2.





5 comments:

Ryan and Tori said...

Sounds like a fun night! You really did ge so much cute stuff at your shower. It was fun to see you but we need to get together more! I got Matt's permission for a girl's night out anytime- so let's do it!

zarbocks said...

Look at your little girls hair!! That is so amazing!! you ahve an adorable family!

Adam and Rachel said...

How fun! I love the cute pics!

Carrie said...

You will be shocked how everything falls into place as if he has been here all along. I was worried about Braydon too since I spaced the others out a little bit more, but he did great! Plus, you have me across the street if you need ANYTHING!!!!! I love the date night. Those pictures are too cute! I love Emmy's hair!!!

Ashlee said...

Dont worry you are not the only one. I keep saying the same thing. I am so excited for our little guy to get here too, but will for sure miss/ and am a little sad it will never just be Makella and I at home!!! I'm guessing it's a normal reaction since you feel the same way :)