Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mean Mean Man!

Today has been such a long day! I had to take my grandma around to run some errands. I knew my plates were a month expired but I have had NO time to get it taken care of. Not to mention I have a newborn and the last place I want to take him is the DMV.
It all started with my grumpy attitude this morning. It had been a long night and I was not in the mood to take my grandma to run her errands ( I love you grandma!). First on the list was taking her to a coin shop downtown. When we got there I paid for the parking and went in with her. When I looked out the window I noticed a cop standing next to my car and giving me a ticket. I ran out as fast as I could with my 2 year old and newborn in tow.
T-" Whats the problem officer"
Parking ticket ass- "Your plates are expired"
T- " I am so sorry. I just had a baby and have not had time to go to the DMV. Can you give me a warning and I will make sure my husband takes it in first thing tomorrow?"
PTA_ " No it is too expired."
T- "It is only a month expired. And I had a baby when it did. Please just give me a warning"
PTA"NO. IT is your fault for not taking care of it." he was very short and very rude!
T- "fine. Emmy come on lets go. He is a mean mean man" He was standing next to me as I said this and gave him a dirty look. He walked away and I was very upset. After getting the kids buckled and walking around to my door I don't know what came over me. I yelled as loud as i could " YOU ARE A PRICK!"
I am sure Emmy herd it even though her door was shut and I felt my heart melt. It was a bad parenting moment and I know it! I must say I don't know any cop who would be so mean to give a young mother with a 2 year old, newborn and grandmother a ticket instead of a warning. It was only a month expired and he was so mean! I have been upset about the whole situation all day!

6 comments:

Lisa Best said...

UGH! What a jerk! I am so sorry :(

AMy said...

i would have paid good money to see that!! i can't believe that he wouldn't let you off. sorry about the ticket but it makes for a great story to tell. i hope the rest of the week goes better for you!!

Kristen said...

What a mean mean man! Loved the little name you gave him! I thought they were suppose to give you at least 3 months till they wrote you a ticket? Maybe I have just run into some nice cops. Sorry about your day Teish!

Carrie said...

Ew! I think you hit the nail on the head there. Karma will get him. If you do not need the emmissions test, you can do it online and print of a temporary renewal to tape in your back window until your sticker gets here. I hope the rest of your week gets better.

Randi said...

bless your poor heart! lol!

Ashley said...

LOL. Laughing at your response not at your situation. I went with Chloe to the DMV when she was first born, not fun. With two...